Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

We'd Love to Hear From You!

Thank you for visiting our blog! We love the connections we have made since jumping on the bandwagon. Please, leave your comments so we know who visits us! Even if you don't have a blog, you can still leave a comment. Thanks so much! We love you all!

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Easter 2009

It has become a Weitzell family tradition to have an Easter Egg hunt the day before Easter. Usually we try to do it at a park due to the number of kids (which, by the way, grows every year) not being proportional to the size of any of our houses. This year, however, our park hunt was rained out so we improvised with a search around Wendi's house. It was chaotic, but fun!

Just one question...


What is in those easter eggs??



Bretton figured out real quick that there is good stuff inside


Some of Adam's family:
Lisa holding Dallon (who you can't really see), Clarissa, Jared
Brandee (Aaron's fiance-congrats Aaron!), Aaron, Ian, Justin, Brenden

Clarissa... the lone female in a garden of boys!

Some of the boys blowing up peeps.
Haven't tried it? Oh... highly recommended!
Especially when you have a war between 2, but that's a story for another time.

Easter Morning:
How pathetic are these baskets??
Can you tell which one is our only child's?


Daddy's not ready to be awake, but wanted to see his boy get his first Easter basket.


Easter Dinner:

It is an Epperson family tradition to do an egg fight on Easter. Contrary to popular belief, we do not throw eggs at each other... although that would make it interesting!

You take two hard boiled eggs and hit them end to end like so:

(No comment on what was said to make me laugh so hard. Mostly cause I was the one who said it...)

and once everyone goes through the front and backs of their eggs, whoever is left with an unbroken shell is the Egg Fight Champion! And this year the winner is.... (drumroll please)

ME!

(Don't mind the "have you taken the picture yet?" face... I really was excited!)

Grandpa put Bretton in the goat cart for a ride and it was just too perfect of a photo op...so we took it.

7 comments:

LEIGH, BLAKE, TAY & TEAGZ said...

he does not look like a baby any more! it is crazy. i am excited for next year when we can have an actual easter.

Ian and Kristen said...

Looks like a ton of fun! CONGRATS on your BIG win! Ha ha! I love the picture of B where he's holding up the egg... he looks so grown up!

P.S. I laughed when I saw all the Reeses eggs in Chris' basket! They really are your guys' favorite too, huh?

Anonymous said...

hahaha. I love that kid more than words! Looks like it was a fun weekend. B really is looking more and more like a little boy now. Need to see him on webcam soon. p.s. the last 3 pictures are SO cute. Such a professional!

Rachel and John said...

How fun...looks like it was a blast! I am so jealous that you get to hang with both of your families. Ma and Pa are still in PA and Johns parents are back in Vancouver...lame. But your little Bretton is so adorable...I love the one of him smelling the flower! Cracks me up! Hope all is well! Miss ya!

Brenda said...

I love the pics in the cart. So cute!

Anonymous said...

I've been looking at all the old posts and being reminicent. Miss you guys!!!! Especially today on our Chinese Cultural Center day. :(

xx

Anonymous said...

oh, p.s. watch Jack's new TLRC vid on the top right of the vids on our blog. I helped in the making of it a little. :)