

Or playing in the trash
Or banging the blinds
Or pulling all of my clothes off their hangers
Or playing in the toilet
Or unraveling all the toilet paper
Or pushing the buttons on the Wii
Or spitting whatever he's drinking EVERYWHERE
Or making a b-line for the street as soon as he steps out of the front door
Or... well... you get the idea
And so I find myself taking a deep breath tonight and realizing that this is only the beginning of raising a boy and wondering what I have gotten myself into. But then I think of the times when he voluntarily hugs me and says "I luh loo" (translation: "I love you"), or when no one else in the world besides "ma ma" can make the tears go away and that's when I know it's worth it. But sometimes I wonder... is he my angel or my little demon?




12 comments:
It is said, be careful what you pray for... you just might get it.
You're right. It's exasperating, but it's SOOOO worth it!
I luh loo, too.
Oh Cami... it's not a boy thing... it's a 14 month old thing. I feel EXACTLY the same way right now! You gotta love em
Ha, ha, hee, hee--funny post! Sorry for laughing, but it is funny to hear stories and watch you young mothers deal with the wonderfulness of motherhood! "Been there, done that!"
Just look at his paternity--there's your answer!
When we were dating, Matt started telling stories about his childhood one evening and I thought, "His kids are going to be hellions!" Then just seconds later I thought, "Oh crap! His kids are going to be MY kids!"
I have the best advice in the world for any mother, you notice I didn't say young mothers!
The harder the day was, the more important it is to go and watch them sleeping at night. This especially applies to when they are teenagers!
It warms & softens the heart and reminds you that they are young and still learning. It shows you the sweet wonderful spirit that Heavenly Father has entrusted to your care.
Oh, dear dear friend Cami. He'll grow out of it, well most of it. But he is a boy... and boys will be boys. He's just testing your boundaries... like a velociraptor. If you need reminded, watch Jurassic Park again. ;)
LOVE YOU! He's so cute!
Oh cute post. Babies make the world more interesting DON'T THEY?
I WONDER WHO'S SENSE OF HUMOR HE GOT...... HMMMMM? CAN WE SAY.... chris!
Erm...can I say my days seem much like yours, ha ha! I have even started putting Jonah on time out because he is such a little sesame st monster! Gotta love our boisterous boys!
Oh man that is every kid!!!! They are so testing us as parents and want to see if we will stick with discipline or not! Raylee is in time out like 5 times a day. She is starting to learn that she does not like time out so she is listening just a little bit better but not much. It is tough being a parent but you have to stick with discipline or they will run you. I have a friend that tells her 3 yr old that if he does something again she will put him in timeout but she never does. So he knows she wont follow through. And he constantly yells back at her and she does nothing about it. It drives me nuts. the kids arent in charge we are!!! haha do you like my long speech. Sorry.
awww. my B. It's times' like those that I'm glad I'm the aunt! :)
Well I have a little girl (14 mos.) and I giggled as I read your list because she does all of those things too! The blinds and the dog too! My mom told me that the Lord saved the strong willed spirits for these times and they will need that spunk some day. Until then we'll just have to pray.. a lot:)
Post a Comment