Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

We'd Love to Hear From You!

Thank you for visiting our blog! We love the connections we have made since jumping on the bandwagon. Please, leave your comments so we know who visits us! Even if you don't have a blog, you can still leave a comment. Thanks so much! We love you all!

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Surprise!! Kindof...

Today is our anniversary. Happy 4 years to us! Over the weekend, Chris wanted to surprise me with a trip to Vegas.
He had to tell me that we were going and made up a bogus story about how he had to work, but only for a few hours then we could have the rest of the time to play. Well, I whined and moaned about it, as I usually do when he's trying to surprise me with something cool, but he was insistant. I picked him up from work on our way out of town and in his haste he tossed his phone to me. I glanced down at it and on the screen was a message from my friend Amber's hubby saying "We're just leaving, be there in about 6-7 hours." I put 2 & 2 together, being the smart person I am, and realized that he had arranged for them to meet us there! (They live in Utah) How fun! Anyway, so I said "Um... you shouldn't have just handed this to me..." Ha ha. So, Surprise! Kindof... He was mad at himself for not being more careful and letting the secret out at the last minute. Amber still didn't know though so we played with her the whole way there through texts and she had no idea until we met up with them at the Paris for sushi!


Chris said, while taking this picture,

"My 2 favorite things in the world!"

Aww...

It was a really fun trip. It was great to get away for a few days without the little man (although, truth be told, I thought at first that I was going to die leaving him for that long, but I made it). We love seeing Amber and Ray and Chris is just the best husband ever! I love you Chris!! "You are my only, my only one." Happy Anniversary!


******

A couple weeks ago we went to the water park with our friends Malinda, Rockwell, Tyler and Bronco. It was a blast! The boys, although tentative at first, loved it!







6 comments:

Ian and Kristen said...

Looks like so much fun! How awesome of Chris to TRY and surprise you like that! Hope you guys had a great anniversary!

LEIGH, BLAKE, TAY & TEAGZ said...

How fun. Did any thing happen that had to stay in Vegas? kidding, kidding

Sharron said...

That's pretty funny that he slipped like that . . . my husband would never do that . . . and it has driven me NUTS for over thirty years!!

Anonymous said...

Hey, your hair looks cute!!! And I like your shirts in those pictures. :) I cannot believe how big B is getting!!! He looks like a mini Mike/Chris!! That last picture is my fav of him there.

Love you!

xx

Barlow Family said...

Looks like fun! Happy Anniversary! And are you quoting Yellowcard there???!!!

Julie said...

happy anniversary!!! Your hair looks so cute!