Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

We'd Love to Hear From You!

Thank you for visiting our blog! We love the connections we have made since jumping on the bandwagon. Please, leave your comments so we know who visits us! Even if you don't have a blog, you can still leave a comment. Thanks so much! We love you all!

Friday, August 7, 2009

Happy 18 months B!! Your Age is Showing!

For Bretton's 18 month birthday, he gave himself his first "have to see a doctor" injury.





He was at grandma and grandpa's at the time of the incident, but apparently he fell and hit the entertainment center just right and got a pretty good sized gash. I was on the phone with Tess when it happened and all I hear is "Bretton just fell... OH, HE'S BLEEDING! BYE!" Click.
........
You can't do that to a mom! Anyway, he was fine, but it was big enough that they thought he would need stitches so we met them at our friend's house, the Alexander's (he's a surgeon, he knows what he's doing). His uncle, who is also a surgeon but a well known plastic surgeon in CA happened to be there too. Anyway, they decided he was going to have a scar either way and he had already been traumatized enough so they wer just going to tape it shut. So I get there and my son is covered in blood, screaming and sweating like a pig....


Welcome to life with a little boy.

7 comments:

Dennis and Debbi said...

You know what Chris M. says. Chicks dig scars.

Sheffer's said...

You are now officially a member of the "mom of boys" club! :D Welcome! It's always scariest the first time, then when they do it again, you're prepared with your own butterfly bandages and gauze (in your purse, of course :D) and you fix it yourself! By the way, you might want to get some bandaids by Nexcare. They are see-through and waterproof. They're awesome because the boys forget they are there and leave them alone, so the wound actually heals. Your little boy is adorable,by the way!

Sharron said...

Make sure he has great story to go with that scar! Good grief, those eyes! How do you say "No" to them, ever?

Anonymous said...

He is looking way too grown up. I don't like it.

Heather Jeppsen said...

Chase had just turned 2 when my dad gave him his first set. We were down visiting. It was nice that he could do it, but tramatizing that Grandpa gave him stitches! We had to put him through it, but glad you didn't. I think it took 4 of us to hold him down while my dad did it and we was wrapped up in a blanket. The only thing the had in his office. He was working at the time so we had to drive him over to the office.

I can't believe she said that and hung up! What was she thinking?! I bet it took you 2 minutes to get over there.

Ashley Madsen said...

I can't tell you how many people have come over! It's my dad's neighborhood calling I think. haha... very convenient.

Shelley said...

Cami! Your little boy is such a cutie! I was on Chad's facebook and saw your blog address... hope you don't mind me peeking. We have a blog too, but I'm not very good at updating it. I'll send you the link. We should get together sometime!