Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

We'd Love to Hear From You!

Thank you for visiting our blog! We love the connections we have made since jumping on the bandwagon. Please, leave your comments so we know who visits us! Even if you don't have a blog, you can still leave a comment. Thanks so much! We love you all!

Sunday, September 7, 2008

Again? Really??

So, today has been another hard one here at the Epperson household. I don't mean to bum any of you out by relaying the awful circumstances that life has thrown at us, but I just need to write right now so bear with me.

Chris was gone this weekend again to LA doing a shoot for a Chinese concert of some sort. Whenever he goes, he travels with his "boss"/co-worker, Matt. Well, these two, from what Chris has told me, have seemingly become quite "two peas in a pod" since he has started working at the studio. Anyway, for this weekend, Matt had gone out earlier in the week so Chris drove out separately early Friday morning. They had a great weekend and long story short could have stayed one more night but Matt missed his family since he had already been out there all week and he wanted to come home. They left LA at midnight last night. I get a call at 6:00 this morning from Chris and he says "I'm ok, but Matt was in an accident. I think he's ok, but I just don't want you to worry about me. I'll call you in a bit when I know more."

If you know me, I am my mother's daughter and a big time worry wort! So, I immediately got on my knees and offered a prayer for Matt. I got as far as "Heavenly Father, please bless Matt..." and that's all I could say. I wanted so badly to finish the thought with "that he will be ok and he will recover fully" but I just could not bring myself to say it. It was then that I knew. My mind went spinning. Chris called me about 1/2 hour later and confirmed what I felt in my heart. Matt was gone.

Again, the spinning. That could have been Chris. Oh, and his wife... what about his wife?? (8 months pregnant with their 3rd child) and Holy crap... this is the 6th death of someone we know in a matter of 3 months. What is going on?? I really can't make sense of it all at this point. I have such torn emotions that I am just sick for his family yet so grateful that this once they drove separately. I'm really really at a loss this time. Why are so many of our friends leaving too early (or what seems to us like too early) with so much in their lives unfinished? I don't get it.

Chris is dealing well with everything right now. He says he is sure he's still in shock about it all because it hasn't really sunk in yet. But he is a strong man. He said "Sometimes I wonder if I don't react to these situations enough, but I think I'd rather just think as positively as I can. It just feels better, you know?" Yeah, I know. Here I sit crying my eyes out worrying that he or someone REALLY close to me is next and there he is, witness to it all and the one directly affected, thinking positively. I really do have an amazing husband. He is such an inspiration to me always! So what do I do now? I try to follow his example and think positively because I can't live in fear, right?

8 comments:

Linda said...

This has got to be so tough for you guys. I'm sorry. Sometimes you just have to pray you can get through these hard times, then the answers come later. I hope you will find the peace and comfort we all need at times like these. You're in my prayers.

Malinda said...

I am so sorry to hear this happened! If you need anything let me know! We are here for you!

Liz said...

Cami I don't even know what to say. I'm so sorry and we are thinking of you

Orr Family said...

I read your blog last night, and was sad by your latest entry. I then got a call this morning that our dear friend Matt had passed away in a car accident. I had no clue your wrote about our Matt. We are very thankful for sweet people like your family for getting on your knees in a moment of need. We are all in shock too.

nolongerablog said...

Matt and his family are in my uncle and aunts ward. we also herd the news sunday at family dinner. i get sick just thinking about it. my heart goes out to the family.

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness I am so sorry! It doesn't matter who it is, it's never easy and always so emotional. Does his family live in Gilbert? If you need any ideas of what you can do for the family, let me know...I got some great ideas when Kolby passed!

Ashley Madsen said...

We know Matt too! He was in our ward when we lived in Phoenix. So terrible.

Julie said...

What a sad thing for everyone. I am so sorry. You guys are so strong.