Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

We'd Love to Hear From You!

Thank you for visiting our blog! We love the connections we have made since jumping on the bandwagon. Please, leave your comments so we know who visits us! Even if you don't have a blog, you can still leave a comment. Thanks so much! We love you all!

Saturday, September 6, 2008

A Day Out of the House!

So, I have begun a new "career" as a full-time stay-at-home mom of 1, and a part-time stay-at-home mom of 2. I babysit my brother Marc's little boy Brenden (yeah... try keeping that straight all day: Brenden, I mean Bretton, I mean...) during the day while Marc and Sammy work. He's 7 1/2 months older than Bretton, so essentially... I have 2 babies.

I never knew the exhaustion that comes with having 2 as opposed to 1! But they're cute and so fun, so it's worth it! Anyway, needless to say, I spend a lot of days in the house because (1) it's hot and I can't do anything outside and (2) I'm still learning how to effectively juggle 2 in public while dealing with eating/nap schedules so I'd rather just avoid the chaos and dwell in my cave.

Well, today I decided that I just needed to be out of the house. My day started with going to Wendi's house with Nicci just to hang out for a bit. While we were there, Bretton got so tired, well... I'll let the video tell the story.



Then, since it's Saturday and Brenden's mom and dad were home and we haven't had dim sum in a while, we thought it would be a good idea to have a day at the Chinese Cultural Center-one of our favorite places to go! Here are some pictures of the fun we had after our yummy dim sum (If you've never tried it... you should! So good!!).


The Gardens out back



The boys were both born in, not only the year of the Pig, but the year of the Golden Pig which Sammy says doesn't happen very often, like only once every thousand years or something. So it's extra lucky!



They really wanted to ride that horse! (Ok, they could care less, but it makes for a cute picture!)



Brenden has mastered his running skills, so that is what he does every opportunity he gets!



Bretton with Aunt Sammy



"What...? This is what you're supposed to do with it, right?"



Marc, Sammy and Brenden



...and us.


5 comments:

rmweitzell said...

We had a blast! and anyone who wants to invite themselves to join us next time, just let us know. The more the merrier, and Dim Sum is a great way to have lots of samplers walking by your table every few minutes, etc etc... that's really only secondary to Bretton and Brenden's company : )

Ben and Krista said...

Bretton is so cute!! Really...he is already 7 months old?? That's crazy, he is growing up so fast.

Liz said...

Thanks for reminding me about this post because I thought it was too funny when I watched the video. Ben has had dim sum for awhile over the years with his family and I always get stuck babysitting. I think I'll invite myself next time, sounds yummy.

Julie said...

He looks sooo big in those pictures! Wow!!! i see so much Chris in him now...you are such a fun mom! :) The video cracks me up! That's how I felt at breakfast this morning :)

The J said...

I love the pictures and every one is so adorable! I know what it's like to watch two and it's so fun and hard all at the same time you don't know what to do with yourself! ;) Just wait until they are toddlers! Oh boy! ;)